Saturday, June 29, 2013

Milestones & Mayhem

Lookie what I can do!!




My sweet little rainbow is growing up on my WAY too quickly. At about 12:30am this morning Lily started CRAWLING! The a few minutes later I was cuddling her and she couldn't move. She started pushing at me with tiny hands and demanded, "STOP!!!" Then at about 11:00am this morning she starts holding her bottle on her own. Too much too fast little sweetheart, please slow down!

--------------------------------

Is it really Saturday already? The work week blew by me as usual.
Tomorrow night, my step-daughter, Cheyenne has a solo at church at the cantata (she sings in the choir). My mother in law is coming to pick us up tomorrow at morning service to have lunch with the family and then to go to church for the Independence Day Cantata. I'm so happy that we get to go and be there to support her. I was worried that we would not get to go since the car gave out on us a couple of weeks ago. Gary was actually on the way to the post office for me when the water pump blew. The week before a hose went out and we broke down on the interstate with Lily in the car which was terrifying and made me feel like a loser parent. So, we caved and sent it to a mechanic even though we couldn't afford it and the mechanic said it just isn't worth fixing and that our best bet is to junk it (how's that for an epicly long run on sentence). Anyway, I sobbed like a baby through her last solo because she sung so beautifully and I am so proud of how far she has gone. She may not be my "real" daughter but there is nothing unreal about the motherly love I feel for her. My step-son Michael and my mother in law also sing in the choir. Gary and I had planned on joining as well as soon as Lily was old enough for me to feel comfortable being watched by someone else but now without a vehicle it is impossible. I know if it is in God's plan for us to do it that it will work itself out though.



That spoke to me today. :)

1 comment:

  1. She is moving along so fast! I did hear that if a child has older siblings they usually advance faster ... Must be true for sure! Hehe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback and support!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...