Friday, August 09, 2013

The Problem With Friends

I was sitting with friends yesterday and mentioned someone who is local to me that lost her baby. My friends started talking about how people shouldn't milk it out, try to make other people feel bad, and post photos of their "dead babies". All while knowing that I'm a loss mom. It just goes to show that we still have so much work to do to enlighten people. I don't expect anyone who hasn't gone through a loss to understand our pain, but I definitely want to see bigger improvements in acceptance. In the several years that I've been working in the bereavement field I have seen great improvements in awareness, acceptation, and inclusion, but we still have a long way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback and support!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...